About the job
(Senior) Software Developer – London, UK
Global Futures and Options Ltd "(GFO-X)”, is a UK based digital asset derivatives trading venue FCA approved and registered. We are seeking a (Senior) Software Developer to join our growing team.
You will be part of a dynamic and experienced team bringing the features of traditional derivative markets to the rapidly expanding cryptocurrency arena. GFO-X will be a leader in the new era of regulated trading venue that trade 24/7. In this role, you will help with the various technology systems needed in growing a new, regulated trading venue. The main focus will be on developing an institutional grade derivative trading venue that has high throughput, low latency and high availability.
The successful candidate will be joining the software development team in our London office and report to the Head of Research and Development. The successful candidate will also have a chance to complete a secondment to our Hong Kong office for 2 months.
- Degree holder in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Experience in leading a development team, mentoring other developers
- Good Knowledge of financial products such as derivatives
- Expert inC/C++ 14 or later
- Proficient with Python
- Good Experience with development tools such as GIT, CI and issue tracking
- Previous exposure to software development methodologies such asSCRUM
- Experience in Linux development and network socket programming (TCP/UDP)
- Expertise in System Architecture
- Expertise in System Integration
- Knowledge of institutional grade exchange platform APIs (OUCH, ITCH, FIX, OMEX, etc.)
- Ability to work in a fast paced and highly collaborative environment
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Excellent team player
· Experience in Linux OS performance tuning (kernel hacking, kernel network bypass, NUMA, etc.) is an advantage
What we offer:
- An extremely experienced and highly rated team of senior developers that are driven for success and eager to work with together collaboratively
- A unique opportunity to build something significant without the constraints of management layers.
- State of the art technology on an exciting new project in an extremely fast-growing sector.
- Competitive salary and benefits
This role is to be based in our London office. GFO-X is an equal opportunities employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Competitive benefits included.