About the jobOverview
The last decade has brought incredible innovations in digital money through the fast-paced and excitingdevelopments in cryptocurrency and related areas. Advancements such as blockchain, decentralized finance,non-fungible tokens, smart contracts, and more have the potential to change the way we hold and exchangevalue.We are currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer - Crypto Security Services to join our Small Businessand Self Employed Group (SBSEG). You will take a role in protecting the future financial landscape ofcryptocurrency, blockchain, smart contracts, DeFi, NFTs and more. You will join a high-caliber engineeringteam of security and compliance domain experts, shape our security strategy in this area, and developproducts and core capabilities that serve our customers’ needs, both current and future.
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years experience hands-on Java software development, engineering fraud and/or security solutions,ideally in the cryptocurrency space
- Deep expertise in technical security aspects of cryptocurrencies, blockchains, secure key management, smart contracts NFTs, and related fields.
- Well versed in decentralized application development, scalability and security
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent skills and knowledge
- Excited about the future of Money, Payments, FinTech, and the transformation these technologies willdrive
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have a proven record of innovating to provide novel and effective solutions to difficult softwareengineering problems
- Be knowledgeable in crypto related technologies - especially in relation to fraud and security. Researchand understand new technologies, and share your knowledge with others
- Stay up to date with and share the latest developments in crypto security and fraud related areas
- Be part of a high-caliber engineering team, to securely implement capabilities and systems first toillustrate and prove concepts, then to scale to millions of customers
- Work with a cross-functional team of designers, program managers, researchers, legal experts andmore, to create new capabilities and products
Do you love finding creative ways to solve tough challenges? Do you have a passion for making complex things more simple? Come join Intuit as a Senior Product Counsel.
Here at Intuit, we’re constantly working to reimagine and grow beloved products like TurboTax, Mint, and Credit Karma. We need razor-sharp legal partners to help deliver these and other delightful customer experiences. Working as a member of the Products Counseling & Compliance Team, you’ll partner with innovative product teams around the world to ensure we can achieve our business strategy and deliver amazing customer benefits while complying with applicable laws and regulations. You’ll apply your legal expertise in new and creative ways, partnering closely with product management, business development, engineering, design, marketing, and compliance and operations teams.
We believe diversity and inclusion among our teammates produces better results and is critical to our success as a global company. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
What You'll Bring
- At least 5-7 years of experience primarily advising technology companies either in-house or at a firm
- Significant breadth of knowledge in as many of the following areas as possible: financial services, advertising and marketing regulations, consumer protection laws, data privacy and protection, IP, and mobile and cloud computing
- Demonstrated ability to perform with minimal supervision
- Experience providing legal support on a global scale
- Ability to communicate with business partners about regulatory obligations and risk management processes
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills
- Ability to produce clear and succinct written legal analysis and business communications, and counsel and manage clients, including senior management
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to interact with and lead change with senior executive leaders
- Ability to effectively frame issues to drive strategic thinking and execution
- Comfortable and adept at balancing risk and opportunity, and thinking creatively to enable the business to make smart decisions
- Excellent teaching and training skills
- Excellent driver and project manager
- Excellent business acumen
- Experience in-house preferred
- JD and membership in good standing with at least one US State Bar
As you provide support for TurboTax, Credit Karma, and other cross-product Intuit initiatives, you’ll advise and counsel on a wide variety of matters, including data privacy and protection, mobile, product liability, intellectual property and regulatory compliance. You may structure, draft, negotiate and advise upon various complex transactions with minimal direction and supervision.
You will also have significant responsibility for ensuring compliance with in-product marketing requirements so the ideal candidate should have experience advising on advertising and marketing.