About the jobOur Purpose
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Engineer, Front-end, Crypto-1
CipherTrace is a rapidly growing leader in cryptocurrency intelligence and compliance. Our team has introduced novel solutions to challenges including sanctions compliance for DeFi and the Crypto Travel Rule. Our mission is to grow the blockchain economy by making crypto safe for users and trusted by governments. CipherTrace operates on a global scale to assist banks, cryptocurrency exchanges, law enforcement agencies, regulators, VASPs and businesses in preventing fraud, human trafficking, money laundering, and other illicit activity where cryptocurrency is involved.
Location: Remote, Dublin, Ireland or South San Francisco Bay, California
The CipherTrace Frontend Engineer Will
- Build the next generation cryptocurrency tools, law enforcement tools and DeFi platforms.
- Build middleware services to interface the UI to the Back End infrastructure.
- Write Angular.js to display Bitcoin, Ethereum and other crypto currencies cross-platform.
- Debug and perform quality testing on the Blockchain cryptocurrency data user interface.
- Design reactive API software for real-time cryptocurrency displays.
- Co-design software APIs with back-end developers to access cryptocurrency feeds.
- Develop middleware modules to visualize cryptocurrency transactions.
The ideal candidate should be a passionate, self-motivated, team player with experience working in a quickly evolving environment and who has a willingness to work and learn in a collaborative organization.
To be successful, you should have experience in the following areas:
- SQL/noSQL, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, MySQL, BigQuery, Elasticsearch, GraphQL.
- Restful APIs, Kafka, and microservices.
- Data visualization app development and concepts.
- Blockchain technologies, DeFi, law enforcement software, or cryptocurrencies.
- Experience with data visualization libraries like D3.js.
- Strong English communication skills (both spoken and written).
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including competitive salaries, bonuses, medical, dental and vision - which cover domestic partners as well - plus life and disability coverage, 20 vacation days, and a 401K matching plan.
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.