About the job
Sorare is at the intersection of sports, gaming and NFTs. Through tradable digital cards, Sorare is designing a collective fantasy football experience where you can manage your favorite players, hone your passion to earn prizes and be part of a community. Anyone, anywhere, can connect with the game on Sorare. The company’s mission is to build “the game within the game” and to give fans, players and clubs the platform to celebrate, share and own the game.
Founded in 2018, Sorare has seen tremendous growth. The platform had a card sales volume of over $250M (€221M) since January 2021 across 160 countries. Sorare is backed by a world-class team of investors including Softbank, Benchmark, Accel Partners, footballers such as Gerard Piqué, Antoine Griezmann and Rio Ferdinand, and key tech investors such as Alexis Ohanian.
Sorare is looking for a Senior Software Engineer experienced with Ruby on Rails to join the team. You should be excited to join a growing start up where you'll work on a cutting edge product. You should have a strong understanding of front and back end development, with the interest to develop and implement your own features. This role is working on a live, in production game, therefore the work that you do impacts our players directly, so having a sensibility for the user is important. You’ll be working closely within a team of developers, reporting into the Head of Engineering. All of our team members have a say in the shape of the product, you will attend weekly meetings to help define the roadmap and priorities and then work towards building our unique and category leading game.
You don’t have to like Football, games or crypto to work here. What we look for is people who like to get things done, work in a growing company, take ownership and autonomy for their work, and want to learn and develop.
- Drive complicated projects from inception to completion
- Care deeply about security, performance, and maintainability
- Work with product and design to implement core features for our players
- Build new tools and systems to scale our infrastructure
Technologies we currently use:
- Blockchain: Ethereum, Solidity, Starkware
- Languages: Ruby, Go, Typescript
- Frameworks: Rails, React, GraphQL
- Services: Algolia, PostgreSQL
- Platforms: AWS, Kubernetes, Docker
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer or developer
- You have hands-on knowledge backend using Ruby on Rails
- Independent and highly motivated: You are able to conduct by yourself with an eye towards quality
- Eager to learn: You are not afraid by new technologies or new paradigms
- Attentive to details: From front to back, you strive for the best quality
- Excited to work on a growing team, solving complex issues
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English
- Stock Options - We want all our employees to contribute to the success of Sorare and we will award stock options so you can share in our success as we grow
- Health Care - Great medical, dental and vision insurance options
- Wellness Benefit - Sorare contributes to employees wellness (e.g. gym membership, classes, etc.)
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefit - Sorare covers $130 in commuter costs
- Latest Tech - We cover equipment such as monitors, computer, and headphones
- Lunch - Sorare will contribute to their employees lunch expenses
- Unlimited Paid Time Off in addition to observed company holidays