About the job
Tetra Trust Company is Canada’s first and only qualified custodian for digital assets and is on a mission to unlock the digital asset industry for institutional investors. Founded in 2019 to meet the growing need for institutional custody in Canada, Tetra’s vision is to grow into a full-service financial platform and infrastructure provider for the digital asset space.
Backed by Coinsquare, Coinbase Ventures, Canadian Securities Exchange, Odyssey Trust Company and key executives from traditional financial services, Tetra provides a solution to one of the last remaining problems preventing institutional adoption of the digital asset industry – custody. Tetra is a rapidly growing, well-funded company. You'll be afforded all the benefits of joining a larger company with the flexibility and independence to grow Tetra into a world class company.
Tetra Trust is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team. Reporting to the Director of Product and Engineering, this position will develop, research, design, implement, test, and evaluate software and systems.
Tetra is a fast paced start up ready to capitalize on the growing market of digital assets. We offer a competitive salary, stock options, and benefits.
This role is based in Downtown Toronto with a hybrid work model of 2-3 days in the office per week.
What will you do
- Make meaningful technical contributions to our institutional digital asset custody product by delivering secure, resilient, highly available, and supportable software
- Work through the phases of discovery, requirements, design, implementation, and deployment on projects
- Lead teams to be highly productive by coaching and continuously improving via regularly scheduled retrospectives
- Collaborate across the company to build products that have visibility, transparency, and tracking for agreed upon timelines
- Lead individual project priorities and deadlines as well as providing feedback on other projects and team milestones
- Shape the foundation of the product and business that you work on
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Interview and onboard team members
Why choose Tetra
- Gain experience with cryptocurrency, cryptography, and cybersecurity
- Work on what is arguably the most secure cryptocurrency wallet in the world
- Solve interesting, challenging, and unique problems in the ever evolving field of digital asset custody
- Deliver a high-quality system that will have a growing number of customers
- Work on a collaborative team that strives to learn and grow
- Learn new skills that will enable you to improve in areas and to explore the unknown to fuel future career growth
What we are looking for
- Degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience in a related role
- Experience leading and coaching teams of engineers
- Commitment and accountability for quality, technical excellence, and results including managing projects from inception through completion
- Curiosity and enthusiasm to learn, experiment, and deliver innovative solutions
- Experience shipping production code with full instrumentation: deployment, logging, monitoring, and documentation
- Experience creating web services and evolving REST APIs
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English
Highly desired past experience/future interest
- Experience designing and implementing high security, mission-critical systems
- Strong understanding of blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies
- Experience delivering software in a highly regulated environment
- Experience working at financial technology companies
- Familiarity with constructing managed and automated infrastructure
Our technology stack is provided for informational purposes only. There is no expectation that you know any of these technologies. A successful candidate will be willing and able to learn new technologies, since our stack is likely to evolve over time as we continue to explore the best tools for our product.
- Frontend: React, Typescript, custom React component library
- Backend: Independent Service-Oriented Architectures with REST
- Infrastructure: AWS (API Gateway, Lambda, Cognito, SNS, SQS, SES), Terraform, Gitlab CI, Docker
We know diverse teams make strong teams. We highly encourage people from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply for our open positions. If you require accommodation during the application process, simply let us know and we’ll ensure it’s a positive experience for you.
Did you read the qualifications and feel like you're missing one or two items? Please consider applying regardless. A learning and growth mindset is more important to our team than raw technical abilities. None of us at Tetra are perfect—we're all just doing the best job we can to get better everyday.