About the jobWe’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
To strengthen our growing Enterprise Applications and Architecture team, we are looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager (TPM), who is passionate about transforming technology into critical business value. The TPM will partner with data governance and enterprise technology teams, and work closely with engineering teams to orchestrate the delivery of technology programs and application solutions. This role reports to the Sr. Director Enterprise Architecture.
What You’ll Be Doing (ie. Job Duties)
- Oversee large scale enterprise data projects that are highly technical & cross functional in nature
- Collaborate with external & internal partners (HR, Finance, Customer Experience, Product, Compliance, Marketing, Security, Engineering, Compliance, Data) to gather business requirements and define objectives
- Contribute technical expertise to project, process, and system development; coordinating the delivery of enterprise data and architecture initiatives across the team
- Communicate risks, status, and timelines to partners and senior management
- Establish and track data project/program milestones for EAA aligning to OKRs
- Provide program status updates & visibility in operational review meetings
- Define and lead the end-to-end execution of an enterprise data program for addressing regulatory compliance requirements with customer and financial data
- Sizing engineering/integration efforts between EAA teams (HR, CX, Finance)
- Manage requirements documentation, milestone mapping, prioritization, and communication to facilitate project collaboration
- Maintain compliance with IT and security policies and procedures
- Manage team members in the enterprise data space, where necessary
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- 5+ years experience in project/program mgmt and working with engineering teams
- Working knowledge of several SaaS apps (Snowflake, Salesforce.com, Workday, Mulesoft, Netsuite, Coupa or equivalent enterprise applications)
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical partners in order to drive alignment
- Willingness to learn and apply processes unique to the challenges at Coinbase
- Experience in successfully applying Lean, Agile, ITIL, or process improvement to previous workflows
- Expert at coordinating highly technical engineering/data teams and delivering value to our customers effectively
- Creative problem solver when battling through project challenges
- High proficiency in Jira, Slack, and G-Suite
Nice To Haves
- Certification in Program Management or Project Management.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about cryptocurrency and blockchain.
- Advanced understanding of G-Suite, Slack, Jira, and Coda
Sound cool? Let's work together.
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $161,500 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Please note that for employees based in the US, Philippines, Canada or Singapore, if your role requires you to be present in a Coinbase office or if you choose to be physically present in a Coinbase office or sponsored location, you will be required to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 (as defined by applicable law). If you receive an offer, you will receive additional information about the grounds and process for an exemption.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.