Ripple is expanding its Global AML & Sanctions team and seeks to hire a Senior Manager to oversee the development and maintenance of state-of-the-art financial crime compliance technology solutions and data architecture. This position will report to the Global AML & Sanctions Program Director.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Facilitate the design, development, implementation and enhancements to the transaction monitoring, sanctions screening and Know Your Customer (KYC) controls
- Oversee and improve the development of Ripple’s AML/CTF/Sanctions technology products (“tech stack”), including developing a holistic strategic roadmap for the tech stack across products, organizations, and jurisdictions, and maintaining comprehensive and real-time management of the systems
- Support the Global Head of AML and sanctions as Ripple’s AML/CTF/Sanctions technology expert, identifying areas for technical innovation and M&A, evaluating relevant technologies (products, services, and platforms) and vendors
- Work with subject matter experts to determine the impact of regulatory changes and to ensure the Global AML & Sanctions Program remains aligned with regulatory requirements
- Collaborate with Product Engineering, Data Engineering and other cross-functional stakeholders to define and influence the strategy for our next generation solutions to drive innovation while meeting regulatory expectations
- Support the development and scaling of new Ripple products by ensuring that the Compliance tech stack is correctly designed
- Continually assess current and future state of financial crime compliance technology platforms and related policies and procedures
- Manage and maintain the program to assess the lineage, quality and the testing of the data used to support the firm’s Global AML and Sanctions program
- Represent the Compliance team’s tech stack for regulatory inquiries, support remediation, audit, and any other issues.
- Attend industry conferences and calls, staying up to date on continuing technology developments.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 8+ years of technology-related experience in the financial services industry, with a background/expertise in AML and sanctions.
- Knowledge and familiarity with U.S. and global AML and sanctions laws and regulations
- Deep knowledge of transaction monitoring, customer and payment screening, KYC and trading compliance systems
- Experience working with one or more technology platforms in the financial services compliance or financial crime domains (e.g., Nice Actimize, Oracle Mantas, Pega, Fircosoft, Refinitiv Work-Check One, Salesforce)
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: definition and design of business, functional and technical requirements; system selection and implementation support; Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC); Quality Assurance and testing (QA); program/project management and implementation planning (PMO)
- Experience in defining and executing AML and sanctions change controls
- Demonstrated ability working with people in connection with challenging issues
- Strong organization skills along with attention to detail
- Proven ability to oversee multiple concurrent projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Previous blockchain/DLT experience preferred
- CAMS certification a plus
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Toronto, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.
WHAT WE OFFER – The resources and support to be your best at work and beyond:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination of the two within the 11 countries we are located around the world.
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team off-sites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Bonus Flexibility Program: Participants in the Corporate Bonus Plan have the option to elect to receive their annual bonus in cash, equity or XRP, or a combination.
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match)
- Commuter benefits
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees. Interns - please discuss benefits with your recruiter.