About the job
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are able to work independently and yet are good team players, possess excellent analytical, technical and problem-solving skills, good technical writing and presentation skills. If you share our interests in solving challenging scientific problems, we welcome you to apply for the following positions.
Research Scientists (Blockchain)
We seek motivated scientists and engineers with talents and inclination to pursue cutting-edge research in Blockchain, and are keen to join a team developing decentralized / trusted computing technologies.
You will conduct cutting-edge R&D on Blockchain related projects. These could range from fundamental research of consensus mechanism, enabling smart contract feature to layer 1 blockchain (TPS>50,000), to developing trusted digital applications, systems and platforms such as for healthcare, FinTech, digital economy, supply chain, agritech, advanced manufacturing and engineering, as well as the Smart Nation initiative.
- PhD degree in Computer Science/Electrical & Electronics Engineering/Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in one or more areas of decentralized computing, such as Blockchain, Parallel and Distributed Computing, Cloud Computing, Edge Computing, Virtualization, Container, etc.
- R&D experience in Blockchain in industry and/or academia
- Preferred knowledge and experience in one or more areas/topics of Blockchain, such as.
- Hyperledger Fabric, Tendermint, Ethereum, Bitcoin, IOTA, Quorum, Solana, etc
- Theories of Blockchain and distributed ledger technology
- Consensus protocol such as Proof of Work, Proof of Stake, Byzantine Fault Tolerance, etc,
- Blockchain performance evaluation, analysis and optimization
- Scalability improvement through Sharding
- Smart contract and chain code
- Cryptocurrency and tokenization
- Blockchain layer 1 development
- Blockchain layer 2 development
- Web 3.0 and decentralized internet
- Solving real-world problems with innovative application of Blockchain, such as carbon trading
- Strong track record of research in Blockchain (e.g., publications in related conferences or journals).
- Graduate with exceptional skill set and project experience are welcome to apply.
Desired Skills and ExperienceTensorFlow, Leadership, Academia, Tolerance, Technical Writing, Supply Chain, Urban Planning, Data Integration, Web Technologies, CUDA, Python, High Performance Computing, Presentation Skills, Able To Work Independently