About the job
At Atlas Power, we’re on a mission to build the largest cryptocurrency mining company in the world with a carbon-neutral footprint. We believe cryptocurrency is the future, and we’re dedicated to building that future with sustainable operations that support crypto currency mining networks, and High-Performance Computing (HPC). An extension of a historic family legacy in the mining sector, Atlas Power owns and operates one of Montana’s largest data centers with 75 Megawatts (MW) of power currently allocated and deployed. With the construction of our new 700MW Data Center in North Dakota, we’re set to be the largest high-density operator in North America.
We’re expanding fast, and we’re looking for teammates who have a genuine interest in cryptocurrency and who are excited about building the future of the industry with us. In turn, we’re focused on providing the next generation of developers, miners, and founders with the tools that they need to grow and succeed.
Here are some qualities we value in this role:
- You’re a problem solver, innovative, and get things done with quality and speed.
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and looking for opportunities for career growth.
- You want to work for an organization that has a positive culture where employees are engaged and are defining the digital asset revolution.
About the Role
Atlas will provide all your training onsite! As a Site Lead in a cryptocurrency mining operation, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Manage a team of shift leads and all aspects of operations throughout the site.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of documentation on technologies related to operations the team supports.
- Prepare project recommendations and budgets.
- Train staff on all equipment and procedures performed on site related to operations.
- Recruit, hire, retain, supervise, delegate, give feedback, and evaluate shift leads.
- Provide secondary supervision, recruitment, and selection of technicians.
- Provide mentorship to shift leads and shift leads in training.
- Under the direction of the Operations Manager, implement and coordinate data center safety programs, including the design and maintenance of protective and rescue equipment and safety devices.
- Inspect data center daily for unsafe structures, equipment, and working conditions; reporting any concerns to the Operations Manager and implementing corrective measures.
- Review and approve schedules and daily coordination of assignments for staff.
- Continually improve current processes with direction from leadership.
- Perform other duties in line with the role as instructed by the Operations Manager and those with duly delegated authority.
- This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job and other duties may be assigned.
- Exhibit strong critical thinking skills by using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and coordination of people and resources.
- Identify measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system
- Demonstrate leadership skills that will motivate, support, drive culture, and develop cohesive teams
Required Education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalency in experience
- 3 years of experience in supervision or management
- 2 years of inventory and asset management experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Word/Excel/Outlook)
- Basic understanding of networking topology/diagnostics
- Understanding of Computer Hardware Maintenance
- Experience in Inventory maintenance and tracking
- Knowledge of Cryptocurrency Mining Technologies - Deployment/support/maintenance of a variety of miners
- A+ Certification
- Net+ Certification
- Server+ Certification
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Must be comfortable working in varying weather conditions in unconditioned spaces
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 70 pounds
What We Offer
We offer a generous benefits package. Benefits start on the first day of hire.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance (including a no-cost plan)
- Vision insurance
- PTO package (15 days PTO)
- 5 days paid sick leave
- 401k with company match
- Holiday pay (13 paid holidays)
- PPE and clothing allowance provided
- All offers of employment at Atlas Power, LLC are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check
Atlas Power is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.