About the job
A crypto market maker with more than 300 employees in 5 countries are looking for a strong SRE to join their London team.
Our proprietary trading platform was designed to navigate issues unique to the digital asset markets.
This is an exciting opportunity to be deeply embedded in every major sector of the cryptocurrency ecosystem.
- At least 2 to 7 years’ experience in a similar role at a bank or proprietary trading firm.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant subject (e.g., Computer Science).
- Required: Experience working in front-line support.
- Required: Experience in MySQL/MSSQL and Linux.
- Required: Ability to understand and read API documentation. Nice to have WS, REST and FIX.
- Required: Ability to analyse logs, and metrics and system performance of applications in general.
- Required: Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Nice to have: Exposure to container technology (e.g., Docker, Rancher).
- Nice to have: Software development experience a plus but not required.
- Disciplined self-starter with high attention to detail and ability to work autonomously and/or remotely.
- A high degree of motivation, adaptability and proactiveness are key success factors for the role.
- Optimistic and willing to learn and working with other SRE's even outside the domain.
- Provide first-line support and troubleshooting for our exchange connectivity applications.
- Track, escalate, and prioritise incidents, ensuring timely resolution.
- Implementing configuration changes and software upgrades.
- Actively participate in the continuous monitoring of exchange connectivity, order flows, latency etc.
- Actively participate in the design and improvement of processes around monitoring and alerting.
- Planning long-term roadmap for the trading system, from capacity to tools to software features.
- Working with developers to design and implement features in the trading system.
- Perform ad-hoc operational tasks as needed to support the global trading function.
What we offer:
- A collaborative and transparent company culture founded on Integrity, Innovation and Performance. Competitive Salary with two discretionary bonus’ payments a year. Benefits include Healthcare, Dental, Vision, Retirement Planning, 30 days holiday and free lunches when in the office.
- Hybrid working pattern in all of our offices from London, New York, Singapore, Zug and Malaga.
- Regular Town Halls and off-sites, team lunches and drinks.
- Comprehensive Corporate and Social Responsibility programs including matching charity fundraising and volunteer days.