Paystand is a hungry, fast-growing, Series-C startup with three locations! Nestled in the beautiful Santa Cruz mountains, just south of Silicon Valley is where we started. We have our offices in amazing and historic Guadalajara Mexico and Salt Lake City with the dramatic backdrops of the mountains of Utah.
Our mission is to unlock capital efficiency for enterprise businesses through our transformative “Payments as a Service” platform. Our smart billing and payment network uses revolutionary internet, blockchain, and FinTech services to digitize receivables, automate processing, reduce time-to-cash, lower transaction costs, and produce new revenue for our clients. Paystand is venture-backed, having been consistently recognized as one of the top innovators in FinTech, and fastest growing companies in the world.
Role at a Glance
Paystand’s Site Reliability Engineer will drive the design and execution of architecture for our technical solutions and improvements. The SRE works closely with DevOps and software engineering team to promote best practices.
Role & Responsibilities
- Lead high-level decision making for software development and oversee the “big picture” software architecture.
- Design and communicate the application architecture required to support across multiple teams and systems.
- Communicate technical direction and vision to all levels of management and technical staff.
- Continually research current and emerging technologies and propose changes where needed.
- Serve as a technical leader and individual contributor by providing collaboration, direction, and assistance to development teams in data modeling, technical design, and development as needed.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of Paystand architectural principles, policies, best practices, and standards.
- Drive best practices for scaling, observability, reliability, and security.
- Mentor and educate other team members to help improve their skills and elevate the software organization.
Qualifications & Requirements
- 3+ years of proven experience as SRE
- Experience with Metrics, Monitoring, Alerting, or Incident Management solutions
- You have solved multiple problems by writing code to automate your way out of them and have a passion for replacing manual processes with code
- You have been responsible for running critical services that multiple customers depend upon
- You are empathetic: You take others' opinions into account and clearly communicate your thoughts to reach technical solutions quickly
- Knowledge of a dynamic language like Node JS or Python
- Experience working on cloud-native infrastructure (AWS)
- Experience working with a container scheduler platform.
- Experience in automating releases, continuous integration/delivery systems and relevant tools (CI/CD, CircleCI, Travis CI, Buildkite, etc.)
- New Relic, PagerDuty and IDS Snor.
- Active interest in Bitcoin, Ethereum or other digital currencies & the blockchain
- Ownership of one or more digital currencies
- Familiarity with the workings of one or more cryptocurrencies
- Deployed 1 or more Bitcoin, Ethereum or other crypto network nodes
- Salary + competitive equity in a high growth-stage startup
- Stock Options
- Health Insurance
- Flexible and Generous PTO (vacations)
- Opportunity for advancement & growth in a rapidly expanding team
- Mentorship, learning & education programs
- Smart, motivated team that likes to have fun
- Mission driven culture, where your work matters
Are you the next amazing addition to our team? Joining us is a career-changing opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a successful company. Apply now! We can't wait to meet you.
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for. We also know that diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team. We look forward to hearing from you.
Availability - Bay area/Scotts Valley, CA. Salt Lake City area, UT. Guadalajara, MX.
(This is not a remote position)***No recruiters please***
Only English resumes will be considered.