About the job
Tassat Group Inc. is a NY-based technology company that is the leading provider of private blockchain-based, real-time solutions for commercial banks including TassatPay, which enables banks to provide their customers with instantaneous, secure, real-time payments 24/7/365. TassatPay has become the most trusted blockchain-based platform for the banking industry and its B2B customers with more than $500 billion in secure, real-time transactions to date. Tassat has added Smart Contracts and Fedwire functionality to make TassatPay a one-stop shop for B2B Payments. Tassat was honored with a 2021 Google Cloud Customer Award for innovation in financial services. For more information, visit us at www.tassatpay.com, on Twitter or on LinkedIn.
Tassat is seeking a Smart Contracts Developer. This role reports to the Director of Software Engineering.
What You Own
- Develop technical requirements for on-chain programs based on business requirements
- Create smart contracts and supporting documentation to expand Tassat's product suite
- Work directly with technology teams to create blockchain application-related deployment, configuration, monitoring, and integration software components
- Liaise with various groups like product and operations to help design and communicate necessary system changes
- Lead with a data-driven mentality; create and own metrics, service level agreements and Indicators for your areas
- Manage multiple in-flight projects for future state process/procedures/systems
- Maintain technical understanding for changes in blockchain technology and trends
What You Bring
- Experience in developing smart contracts and blockchain-based applications on Ethereum Virtual Machine blockchains (experience across additional non-EVM blockchains a plus)
- Experience in latest smart contract development tools, patterns, and practices (e.g., current upgradeable patterns, current automated testing tools)
- Experience in building complex on-chain interactions and systems (e.g., multi-contract calls, oracles, DeFi protocol functionality)
- Experience in integrating on-chain systems and data with off-chain back-end systems
- Experience in developing code and documentation to support internal and external reviews and audits
- Experience of multi-chain environments and bridging data across blockchains a plus (e.g., between layer 1's and/or layer 1 to layer 2)
- Experience working with blockchain on the underlying consensus/execution layer a plus (e.g., running and interacting directly with a blockchain node)
- Experience with Cosmos and Polkadot Smart Contract Development a plus.
- Experience in traditional financial services a plus
- Experience in building financial products/systems on-chain a big plus
- Skillsets that align with money markets, mortgage and lending, interest rates, and other areas of banking are a plus.
Working with Us
Tassat is proud to offer an incredible Benefits Package for full-time Tassat Employees. This includes:
- 100% coverage on Health (with a Health Reimbursement Account) Dental, Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability, Life & ADD, Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Parental Leave
- 401(k) program, Company Equity
- Transit and Parking Pre-tax savings
- FSA Dependent Care, FSA Health Pre-tax savings
At Tassat, you will work with incredibly talented engineers, market experts, and thought leaders to shape the future of a financial ecosystem. We offer a uniquely entrepreneurial, supportive culture, where ideas can come from anywhere and execution is everything.
- We understand the importance of autonomy, mastery, and purpose
- We strive to be extremely transparent, organizationally flat, and open-minded. While you will have clearly delineated responsibilities, you are welcome and encouraged to contribute beyond those areas. We value ideas and results, not ranks and titles
- We believe great results can only come from great people. If you’re interested in working alongside people wo are bright, creative, and diligent – this is the place.
We value people who can bring new perspectives to our company. Here are some traits that are important to us:
- Ability to solve problems head on (and hands-on) and in simple creative ways
- Bring unwavering passion to the team and the work you do
- Savvy researcher, continuous learner, and enthusiastic team player. We need you to feel like an owner, motivated to succeed and enthusiastic about helping others
Tassat’s Core Values
Our 8 core values represent how we function daily – they embody our culture and are the foundation of our character. They help guide us in decision-making, creating processes, hiring, and retaining the right people.
- Be an Owner
- Accept Only the Best
- Ask Why, Propose How
- Be Bold, Innovate
- Lift as You Climb
- Insatiable Curiosity
- Grow Fearlessly
- Be Human & Respectful
Tassat Group Inc. is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive (DEI) organization. We believe our company and products are strengthened when they are developed and supported by individuals with diverse life experiences, whose understanding of social and cultural issues can help make our work and workforce more inclusive. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: All Tassat employees in the New York metropolitan area are required to be in the office in accordance with Tassat’s hybrid “Return-to-Office Policy”, which may be amended from time to time. All Tassat employees are required to show proof of receipt of a COVID-19 vaccination before reporting to the office (unless they can demonstrate they are prohibited from receiving a COVID-19