Established in 2018, Altonomy is a trading firm specializing in cryptocurrencies with an AUM northward of USD 500 Million.
We operate a myriad of successful businesses not limited to proprietary trading, mining, and venture capital. Most recently, we have established our DeFi trading arm where we engage in electronic market-making, arbitrage, and momentum trading across multiple protocols on different blockchains like Ethereum.
Technology and quantitative research remain the heart of our business and our expertise in these areas is the core to our success as a leading player in the blockchain arena. We operate in an open and flexible environment with opportunities for personal learning and development. We pride our employees as our greatest assets and take this opportunity to offer globally competitive remuneration packages with one of the best employee benefits in the market. We actively look to expand our talents and team members, so if you are up for a challenge in the growing DeFi space, this is the place to be!
Altonomy is looking for an ambitious software engineer to join its growing development community in Singapore. You will be part of a front office business unit working on cutting edge cryptocurrencies trading where your development outcomes have an immediate and measurable impact on the business. This is a rare opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with other like-minded engineers, quants, and traders to tackle real world challenges in the emerging DeFi space.
- Work closely with other members of the team to develop software solutions to grow the P&L
- Design, develop and own high-performance solution stacks
- Maintain, monitor, extend and optimize existing trading systems
- Contribute to the firm’s technical roadmap
- Contribute to inter-team and cross-team efforts to ensure success of the business
- Provide L3 support for production issues
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar disciplines
- Familiarity with Linux operating systems
- Good communication skills
- Interest in financial markets (with at least a basic understanding of cryptocurrencies)
- Must be able to multitask and work with minimal supervision
- Good grasp of software engineering principles
- Ability to translate non-technical requirements into technical tasks
- Good understanding of low-to-high level testing and performance optimization principles, statistical performance measuring and test-driven development approaches
- Understanding of low-level performance tuning concepts (e.g. microprocessor architecture, Linux kernel, networking, blockchain architecture)
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL (e.g. Redis, Mongo, Timescale) is a plus
- Knowledge of other technologies such as CI/CD, Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
- Familiarity with cloud computing services is a plus