About Hex Trust
Hex Trust is Asia’s leading provider of digital asset custody solutions for Banks & Financial Institutions, using leading-edge Blockchain technology. Led by innovators from the financial services industry, Hex Trust has built a proprietary platform that delivers a new way for financial institutions, asset managers, and corporations to safely and efficiently operate in the Blockchain ecosystem. Institutional adoption of digital assets and DeFi requires a fundamental shift in the way banks and financial institutions operate. Hex Trust is the link that connects the traditional financial world to the digital assets ecosystem.
We are seeking suitable candidates for backend developer roles responsible for the development of Blockchain and digital asset related applications such as Wallets, DApps and Crypto Trading applications. You will be working closely with our UX designers, product manager and the front and backend development teams.
- Be involved and participate in the overall application lifecycle;
- Compile and analyse data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement;
- Mainly focus on coding and debugging;
- Define and communicate technical and design requirements;
- Provide training, help, and support to other team members;
- Build high-quality reusable code that can be used in the future;
- Develop functional and sustainable web applications with clean codes;
- Troubleshoot and debug applications;
- Learn about new technologies and new programming languages, stay up to date with current best practices, and follow new and emerging technologies;
- Manage cutting-edge technologies to improve applications;
- Collaborate with the frontend developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience;
- Participate in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, and better assist other team members.
- 2+ years of experience with or proficiency with NodeJS, Typescript;
- 1+ year of experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies;
- Ability to build high performing applications that process large amounts of hourly requests;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment;
- Experience building fast and efficient web applications;
- Experience with integrating REST API, RPC(gRPC) to components;
- Have a good knowledge of RDBMS and have experience with MYSQL;
- Have experience with Redis or other caching system is a plus;
- Experience working with the web applications;
- Understand robust app server architecture, and scalable backend design;
- Experience scaling an application to handle an increasing user base or having the ambition to put your scaling ideas into practice is a plus;
- Good knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming;
- A fast learner who can pick up new technologies quickly;
- Good planning, coordination, and communication skills in English.
Make a difference and get yourself noticed in a rapidly growing company, providing multiple opportunities for career and personal development. We are a dynamic, multi-cultural team of smart, motivated people based in offices across Hong Kong, Singapore and Vietnam. We’ll give you tough challenges, while offering rewarding results to match, as well as regular team and social events and flexible working arrangements when needed.
Diverse and inclusive team: A diverse and international team who come from over 15 countries with diversity of both thought and background on a mission to disrupt the digital asset industry. We support each other and take pride in our achievements. We attract talent from well known global multinational companies and institutions.
Ownership & learning-curve: Opportunity to make an active contribution to the growth story of one of the leading disruptors in the FinTech industry.
Communication: We treat our staff like owners by being open, transparent, and providing regular communication about our direction and progress. We provide regular insight into decision making, strategy, and corporate-wide objectives and key results progress so that each of our employees is aligned and empowered. And we constantly strive to improve how we can communicate more effectively.
Office: We offer both the flexibility to work remotely or from our modern offices in the central business hubs of Hong Kong, Singapore and Vietnam.
Hex Trust is an equal opportunity employer devoted to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.