About Digital Asset
Digital Asset (digitalasset.com) is a leading provider of distributed ledger technology (DLT) that solves real-world business challenges. We combine deep industry expertise with scalable technology, including a distributed ledger platform and an intuitive smart contract language originally developed by Digital Asset, called Daml (daml.com). Digital Asset enables financial institutions and organizations across a variety of industries to bring efficient, modern and scalable DLT systems into production.
We work with some of the world’s largest companies, to build scalable and flexible systems that streamline business operations. Digital Asset is a global company with offices in New York, London, Budapest, Zurich, Hong Kong, and Sydney.
As we grow our team, we will maintain the dynamic, collaborative and pragmatic way of working that has grounded our efforts from the beginning. If you seek to develop solutions others are yet to contemplate, this opportunity may be right for you.
About the Canton Team
The Canton team develops a system based on a novel distributed ledger synchronization protocol called Canton (https://www.digitalasset.com/developers) that provides secure synchronization of multi-party business workflows based on the Daml. Think of Canton as a distributed database over untrusted replicas with Daml governing authorization and data confidentiality.
About this role
As a software engineer in the Canton team you have the unique opportunity to work on groundbreaking and security critical technology while also tackling the production challenges of such a system for demanding use cases in fields such as healthcare, supply chain and the financial industry. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Work with the team on new features of Canton.
- Harden and test the system to satisfy the production requirements.
- Write code mostly in Scala, test it thoroughly and document its features for users.
- Follow a collaborative approach that fosters, embraces, and insists upon diverse perspectives. We are a powerful team where everyone pulls more than their weight, where everyone matters and all opinions are valuable.
- You are a software engineer who has written software in Java, Scala, or a functional programming language as demonstrated by your open-source projects or industrial experience.
- You enjoy working in a team and collaborating with others.
- You take pride in seeing customers running your code in production.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or a related discipline; or equivalent demonstrable experience.
- You are comfortable writing production code in Scala
- You have experience with SQL databases (e.g., PostgreSQL)
- You have worked on a product that customers ran for mission-critical use cases.
Connect With Us
This is a rare opportunity to help define an industry and join a dynamic team of technology innovators.
Digital Asset is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law. Applicants with disabilities who require accommodation should contact [email protected].