About the job
In 2018, Bitvavo launched the first version of its digital assets trading platform, to bridge the gap between traditional currencies and digital assets. By offering transparent fees, a wide range of assets and an easy-to-use platform, Bitvavo is making the currency of the future accessible for everyone.
Since its inception, Bitvavo has established itself as the market leader in the Netherlands, with already more than a million Dutch users, which exchange multiple billions of crypto valuta a year. This makes Bitvavo one of Europe’s leading digital asset exchanges.
Our team, located in Amsterdam, is looking for self-driven, talented people who can help make digital assets available for everyone while keeping a critical mindset.
How you'll have an impact:
The Treasury area is the Bitvavo core in handling all sorts of balances and transaction monitoring, for both crypto and fiat. We are responsible for introducing new fiat payment methods and maintaining existing ones as well as introducing and maintaining a large set of crypto nodes and interacting with 3rd party blockchain payment providers.
Monitoring includes retrieving transaction data from third parties, monitoring hot and cold wallet balances, and interacting accordingly with crypto custodians, depending on the asset. For both crypto and fiat, we provide the tools to monitor users’ transactions to detect any potential malicious activity.
The area is responsible for balance checks, reconciliation, and integration with Chainalysis to make sure that we adhere to all the DNB (De Nederlandsche Bank) regulations and that we know and we can follow the trail of the money. The area is also responsible for staking, from offering to staking for new assets to the staking rewards distribution logic.
Job description & Responsibilities
You will be joining the Crypto team within the area and contributing to the core eco-system of crypto digital assets at Bitvavo, making it highly scalable and efficient. This includes the full life cycle of crypto infrastructure, wallets, crypto nodes, security, integrations, and more.
You will take part in setting up new coins and maintaining existing nodes for all types of Blockchains. You will implement strategies to avoid congestion and reduce fees (transaction batching, segwit, bech32) as well as take part in designing and implementing transaction flow among hot wallet, cold wallet, assets custodians, and other internal stakeholders. You will be involved in innovative and company-strategic projects. The responsibility is end-to-end: requirement gathering, design, coding, testing, deployment, documentation, and on-call support.
- 5 + years of development experience;
- Experience working with blockchain technologies and tools;
- Knowledge of blockchain concepts like distributed ledger, and consensus;
- Knowledge about automated wallet creation (HD wallets), address formats, and key sharding.
- Experience with event-driven microservices using Kafka, or similar tools;
- Firm understanding of programming design patterns and principles;
- Good knowledge of object-oriented programming;
Nice To Haves
- You are active in the planning and implementation of computer software for the cryptocurrency market.
- Interacted with Rust, Solidity, or have a good understanding of smart contracts;
- Knowledge of algorithm complexity;
- Affinity with digital assets or financial markets;
- Experience in working with MySQL/Redis/MongoDB;
- Experience in AWS and Kubernetes environments;
What we offer:
- Excellent employment terms, including:
- a very competitive salary;
- 26 days of annual leave;
- Budget for external training and courses.
- Work remotely within The Netherlands & at our office in the heart of Amsterdam;
- Be actively involved with the latest technologies and innovations;
- A position in a unique, young and fast-growing FinTech company.
Our selection procedure in a nutshell:
- Apply by clicking the button below. Please share whatever you want about yourself to convince us we are a match!
- Let's first have a 'coffee chat' to introduce Bitvavo, and the role and get to know you.
- We will follow up with an in-depth interview.
We strive to process applications within a week. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us by mail at [email protected].