OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or NFTs. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. OpenSea is an open, inclusive web3 platform, where individuals can come to explore NFTs and connect with each other to purchase and sell NFTs. At OpenSea, we're excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator's #4 ranked top private company.
When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. We also know how critical it is to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. To help facilitate this, we support remote, hybrid or onsite work at either New York City, San Francisco or the Silicon Valley for the majority of our opportunities.
We're looking for an experienced, detail-oriented, and product-focused Software Engineer with an enthusiasm for building and scaling feature-rich, and well-tested applications. You’ll use a modern technology stack, including TypeScript, React, GraphQL, Python (Django), and Postgres. This individual will work with our Engineering team to spearhead full-stack features for our marketplace spanning buyer, seller, and creator experiences.
- Build core product features from start to finish; from conception and research to implementation and iteration, all the way through deployment, maintenance, and future iterations
- Implement reusable components, libraries, and design systems
- Help build performant backend systems for serving our core marketplace features
- Think holistically about how parts of our systems fit together from the UX to the underlying APIs and data models
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques and coding standards
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers, and other Engineers to prioritize, scope, and architect new features
- Prioritize projects and tasks based on impact; balancing moving fast and building for the haul
- Bring positive energy in every interaction with the team, and foster inclusive collaboration
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone who is excited to join the team.
- Willingness to build across the stack, including experience working with technologies such as Typescript, React, GraphQL
- Drive and ambition to autonomously solve difficult product and technical problems
- An ability to write high quality, well tested, production level code
- Strong customer empathy; you think critically of how our features impact our community, users, and business
- Familiarity with current trends and best practices in front-end architecture, including performance, security, and usability
- Deep knowledge of web technologies and large-scale web application architectures
The base salary for this full-time position, which spans across multiple internal levels depending on qualifications, ranges between $100,000 to $230,000 plus benefits & equity.