About the job
Test Engineer - SDET / Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Coincover is on a mission to make digital currency accessible to everyone by making it safe. To do this, we are building the next generation of cryptocurrency and blockchain enabled services for the fast-growing trillion-dollar, digital asset market.
By combining technology, data, operational security, and an insurance backed guarantee, we are the first and only service to guarantee the safety of digital assets which means they will never be lost or stolen.
Founded in 2018, we are a UK founded and HQ’d venture capital backed Fintech / Insurtech start-up operating on the global stage – and you will be in at the beginning, working with us to change the way people accumulate, hold, and manage their cryptocurrency.
Put simply, we are the market leader in protecting digital asset holders and users.
A Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) at Coincover is a developer with the primary responsibility of writing frameworks and tools to test products. It is a very unique and challenging role and provides immense opportunity to design and develop wide-reaching tools for all team members in Coincover to use. The role combines the "building" aspect of software design engineering with the "breaking" aspect of software test engineering. You’ll be writing code that automatically verifies the quality of our products, making sure our customers get the best experience they can.
SDETs at Coincover are able to understand software internals, debug code, automate repetitive tasks, and implement new tools and frameworks needed to streamline our quality process. At Coincover SDETs work directly with Software Development Engineers to understand project features, review technical designs, and implement automated test tools that help deliver quality features with efficiency.
SDETs understand customer usage models and are able to develop test plans and test cases that approximate real-world environments and scenarios.
- 3 or more years as SDET or development experience / Degree in computer science
- Work experience in either TDD or BDD
- Perficient in setting up automation frameworks from ground up
- Strong experience in testing and automating RESTful services
- Strong experience in testing and automating front end customer facing websites
- Strong understanding of QA Methodologies, life cycle and process
- Must be detail oriented, analytical and creative thinker with passion for quality and test automation
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Experience leading ambiguous situations, dealing with technical issues and coming up with effective solutions to ensure customer project deliverables
- Experience with defect tracking software such as JIRA
Desirables to undertake role:
- Background in non-functional performance testing
- Usage of the following tools / frameworks for automation
- Selenium IDE / Selenium Webdriver
- Cucumber JS
- Postman (or similar)
- Usage of the following development tools / Languages
- Visual Studio (or other development IDE)
- Experience with database scripting languages
- Background in CI/CD processes using AWS
- Hands on experience in using:
- ISEB or ISQTB at Foundation level
Location and Renumeration
Remote (UK). Travel may be required to London or Cardiff.
The remuneration package will comprise of a competitive base salary, bonus, stock options and other benefits. (mention L&D budget, home office setup fund)