About the job
Overview of Position:
In this role you will be responsible for the technical build and execution of all NAX projects and products, collaborating closely with business teams, NAX Members and internal stakeholders. You will be responsible for leading full-cycle software development, including requirements, planning, design, development, testing, deployment and maintenance. You will manage a team of onshore and offshore engineers, as well as external tech vendors as needed. As such, previous experience running a tech organization is critical. A background in FinTech and Web3 is highly desirable.
You will report directly to the group COO to ensure that milestones are being met, communication lines between leadership and engineering are open and effective and to help the leadership understand the progress and blockers that the engineering team is facing. In parallel, you will regularly interact with project leads across the organization to receive inputs to best service their needs.
Reguard was founded in 2021 and is a best-in-class warranty company that will initially serve the furniture market, but later expand beyond it. We are looking to grow our team as we have experienced a massive growth in our business and are currently onboarding a multi-billion dollar retailer in the space. Reguard seeks to revolutionize the warranty business through innovative features and best-in-class customer service.
If you’re interested in joining a top-notch start-up in the fintech space, this organization is for you. We hope you’ll consider joining our team!
We are looking for self-starters who will seek to solve problems and search for answers if they have questions rather than wait for the next management update. Proactive and clear communication through Slack, email and daily team meetings will be key to ensuring productive alignment and sustained success. We value and reward both strong individual performance and extending your impact through sound teamwork.
- Set a vision and strategy for how technology will be developed, deployed and managed across NAX’s disparate products and projects
- Effectively lead a growing team of engineers, PMs and design resources
- Support executive decisions on behalf of the company's technological requirements, staffing and investment
- Maintain a consumer-focused outlook and aid in the rapid delivery of both NAX-developed products as well as partnership-driven projects to market
- Ensure all technology practices adhere to NAX Engineering standards, regulatory and company standards
- Ensure implementation of security best practices across the entire organization tech stack
- Estimate and create timelines for the development and deployment of technological services and milestones
- Assess, staff and organize technology resources to continually meet the company's short and long-term needs
- Manage technology budgets and timeframes
- Stay current with technology and software development trends, and ultimately ways to pursue continuous improvement of both people, process, and engineering
- Author and deliver executive communications, including weekly, monthly, quarterly status reports to stakeholders and management
- Partner with functional leads and internal teams to implement initiatives, dashboards, reporting, systems and tooling to drive executional excellence
- Present as a respected leader and mentor to NAX staff and external stakeholders and clients
- Must be available to work on Pacific time zone hours (9am-5pm PT)
- 8+ years of experience in a senior technology role at tech company or equivalent
- 5+ years of managerial experience
- Advanced technological skillset and a demonstrated history of developing and shipping new products
- Knowledge of multiple backend languages (e.g., Java, Python, Golang, Node.js / Typescript)
- Strong experience with both OSS and enterprise technologies: Cloud/IaaS (AWS, GCP or Azure) and data persistence (Schemaless, RDMBS, caching, etc)
- Experience with native mobile app frameworks (Flutter/Dart, React Native, XCode/iOS)
- Strong experience in DevOps, cybersecurity best practices, observability and continuous deployment/integrations: CI/CD tools, Docker, immutable infrastructure (e.g. Kubernetes, Terraform, Prometheus, Grafana, Kibana, or similar)
- Previous experience and/or passion to learn blockchain development onAlgorand, Ethereum, others
- Expertise with leading and managing engineers in daily meetings with product teams, measure and improving operational excellence
- Excellent presentation, communication and organization experience across disparate global teams and multiple time zones
- Highly data-informed, proactive in approach, and demonstrated ability to de-risk, clarify, and simplify when appropriate
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, owning strategic initiatives on both an on-going and ad hoc basis, leading teams to clarity and convey options for solutions
- BS degree in STEM field; Masters degree in computer science or related field preferred
- Ability to communicate and delegate efficiently
- Extensive industry knowledge of FinTech and Web3 is highly preferred, with a constant eye towards the future
- Familiarity with event-driven architecture (e.g. Azure Event Hub, AWS Event Bridge, Kafka, Pulsar, Cassandra, or similar)
- Familiarity with secure coding practices in FinTech/compliant environments (IAST, SAST, OWASP, NIST)