About the job
Madison Branson Lawyers is a highly regarded commercial law firm based in Melbourne’s Inner Eastern suburbs with strong offerings across corporate, commercial, property and litigation practices. We are a close-knit team with valuable mentoring opportunities. Our practice is growing, and we are seeking to appoint a mid-level Commercial Litigation lawyer to our team.
We are looking for an experienced commercial litigation lawyer with 2+ years PAE (restructuring and insolvency experience preferred) to join our growing team. This role is a great opportunity for the right candidate to accelerate their career. You will be working closely with our Director and lawyers. Experience in the following will be highly desirable:
- Complex general commercial litigation and property related disputes;
- Partnership disputes / shareholder disputes & oppression actions;
- Corporate and personal insolvency;
- Building and construction disputes;
- Proceeds of crime law and confiscation law under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (Cth) and the Confiscation Act 1997 (Vic);
- Directors' duties and governance/compliance issues.
- Structuring and restructuring;
- Shareholder and partnership agreements;
- Business succession agreements;
- Blockchain & cryptocurrency compliance and structuring;
- Banking & finance; and
- Corporate advisory & regulatory.
Who we are looking for
Our ideal candidate is someone who truly values their client relationships, enjoys a challenge, has strong business acumen and is passionate about their practice. You should be thorough, timely and be motivated to take ownership of your work. Above all, we are looking for someone who takes a positive and professional approach to their work and thrives working as part of a supportive team.
What we offer
It's just as much about you as it is about us, so get in touch with us and tell us what's important to you, so we can make it work!
We embrace an open-door policy and genuinely strive to preserve our synergistic firm culture. Our people are our assets, which is why our firm encourages mentoring opportunities, skill and growth development and a work-life balance. We offer a sophisticated workspace, flexible working arrangements, excellent learning and development opportunities and modern remuneration incentives.
If the above sounds like you, we encourage you to apply. For further information about the position or our firm, please don't hesitate to email us at [email protected]
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.