- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote - United States only
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $110 – $120/hr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week - Long-term
Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community, and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
We've onboarded some of the world's most reputable brands and now we need a Solution Engineer – Scrum Leadfor one of our clients.
***Potential for contract to hire
***Must be in US
***Must be good with W2
Long Term Contract
As a Solutions Engineer III / Scrum Lead, you will collaborate with business partners and IT leadership team to develop the strategy in addition to working with other IT teams such as architecture, shared services, security, and operations services to deploy and deliver consumer facing technology solutions. You will influence business and technology roadmaps for a product / solution within an assigned domain while working closely with business and technology partners as well as vendors. You will also be responsible for facilitating agile planning and execution activities while identifying, tracking, and removing impediments from the team. In addition, you will work closely with product owners to ensure backlogs are properly groomed and ready for the next sprint. From digital and cloud solutions to original and developing technology products and services, you will address challenges at their core. You will develop products, services and experiences that disrupt markets, generate value, and positively impact millions of lives.
Responsibilities & Duties
The Solutions Engineer III / Scrum Lead is responsible for:
- Lead the scrum team in moderate to high complexity work streams.
- Oversee scrum process and coach the teams on how to use scrum and Agile practices and methodology Influence and collaborate with others to drive continuous improvement
- Advocate for transparency, inspection, and adaption Lead daily scrums, sprint reviews, and planning meetings to ensure full team engagement Partner with the Product Owners to support short and long-term release planning, and to keep work backlog healthy and prepared for execution
- Shield the teams from external interference to enable optimal functionality and productivity Anticipate and address potential or actual impediments to team delivery (cultural barriers, logistic challenges) Mentor/coach team members on agile practices Maintain communication between the Product Manager, development staff, and leadership updating them on project progression, issues within the team and process, and/or the Agile process progress
- Monitor and track development performance metrics to benefit the team Lead team in brainstorming, root cause analysis, or similar problem-solving techniques to assist in resolving issues, crafting solutions, or defining process improvement
- Manage individual projects and portfolio of projects across multiple teams Build a reporting strategy that enhances collaboration and gives leadership a view of overall initiative health
- Work with Product Owners and Stakeholders to identify and clarify priority of program-related needs and priority Helps determine and maintain overall team velocity and capacity with regards to the team's roadmap of projects and planning/prioritization
Qualifications & Skills Experience
- At least 1-2 years of people management experience
- At least 6 plus years of agile experience
- At least 3-5 years of experience as a scrum lead on a software engineering team
- Has facilitated agile events
- Has recognized agile principles and can articulate their value
- Has deep experience being a servant leader to various types of agile delivery teams
- Has working knowledge of how to apply agile principles and practices
- Has proven ability to articulate the value and means to arrive at MVP for a product/service
- Has proven ability to explain the roles, artifacts, and events of the Scrum framework
- Has proven ability to kick off a new Agile Team (Scrum/Kanban)
- Has proven ability to coach the team to arrive at a Definition of Done, Team Working Agreements, Definition of Ready, etc.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. But if you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around your consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.