About the jobSenior Test Automation Engineer, RippleX
RippleX is Ripple’s open developer platform for money, and our vision is to bring money to the Internet. We work on open-source projects for fiat and cryptocurrencies. We build tools, offer services, and provide support to developers to make it easy to build on our core open-source technologies: the XRP Ledger and the Interledger Protocol (ILP). We help developers add money into their applications using XRP and ILP.
RippleX is seeking an experienced Test Automation Engineer to drive the XRP Ledger verification activities. This role sits at the heart of defining Ripplex’s Test Automation strategy. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the best engineers in the cryptocurrency space. You will design and implement test automation tooling for our open source projects. You will also play a big role in implementing test automation strategies.
An ideal candidate is eager to become an expert in the cryptocurrency landscape. He/she understands how blockchain developers and companies think and operate, and is willing to look beyond what already exists in the market to serve its evolving needs. An ideal candidate excels at solving complex problems and rapidly formulating a clear perspective from ambiguity.
What You May Work On
- Help define and maintain test automation strategies, tools and frameworks to test blockchain and blockchain applications
- Analyze product requirements with members of the project/product delivery team and devise testing strategies; utilize a risk-based and automated testing approach in all phases of SDLC
- Advocate for quality delivery, coordinate activities with all development stakeholders, and administer the testing problem management process including monitoring and reporting on problem resolution
- Work with engineering stakeholders to identify technical and functional needs of testing infrastructures and determine the priority of needs
- Coding and troubleshooting in any of the following languages Python instrumented with Gitlab or other CI/CD systems
What We're Looking For
- You are excited about blockchains: the technical details and the potential benefits
- Overall 5+ years experience in software testing and QA
- At least 5+ years experience in Test Automation
- Hands-on experience in Python
- Experience in continuous deployment and continuous integration
- Experience in test planning and building automated test strategy
- Experience investigating, recommending and building tools to implement end-to-end development and deployment processes
- Experience in drafting and implementing automation processes
- Experience in cloud systems
What Are Nice To Haves
- Previous experience with distributed and decentralized systems
- Experience with C++
Who We Are
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Toronto, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.
WHAT WE OFFER – The resources and support to be your best at work and beyond:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination of the two within the 11 countries we are located around the world.
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team off-sites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Bonus Flexibility Program: Participants in the Corporate Bonus Plan have the option to elect to receive their annual bonus in cash, equity or XRP, or a combination.
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match)
- Commuter benefits
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees. Interns - please discuss benefits with your recruiter.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
Please find our UK/EU Applicant Privacy Notice and our California Applicant Privacy Notice for reference.