About the job
- Grow your career by joining a great Payment service|Full remote (Anywhere in Japan)
About Our Client
The company is developing financial services with a focus on payment and credit businesses.
Their product supports both iD contactless payments and code payments and can be used at convenience stores, restaurants, drug stores, fast food chains, and other stores across Japan
In order to provide the payment service, they utilize a system structure known as microservices architecture, where we build and operate multiple microservices. Application engineers are in charge of a few microservices, handling everything from development to operations. SRE will step in along the way to provide support for areas such as the shared platform and operations, to work with engineers on alert analysis, and to take on improvement tasks.
The company has started to work on blockchain technologies, which present new opportunities for individuals to exchange value. The company wants to redefine what it means to buy and sell, enabling anyone and everyone to easily exchange value in all its forms, not only as belongings and money but services and digital content like non-fungible tokens (NFTs).
Details on the position are as follows.
- Operate apps and middleware, improve stability and performance
- Build and operate databases and networks in the cloud
- Establish and support the platform for microservices constructed on Kubernetes
- Make tools to help foster the culture and understanding of Site Reliability Engineering, increase awareness of SRE culture among the development teams
- Develop and operate various tools for automating operations
- Build and operate monitoring environments for incident detection and capacity planning
- Design and operate approaches to microservices platform security and compliance
- As a member of the development teams, conduct monitoring and make improvements to increase stability and reliability of the product
- Every year sees new challenges arise, not only with work to improve the operation of currently released services but in designing and constructing new businesses for which development is yet to begin.
- Working as part of the SRE Team requires communication with a wide range of other teams, not only within the company, but in negotiation with cloud service vendors, for example.
- Understanding of the culture and mindset of Site Reliability Engineering
- Experience using public (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.) or private cloud environments
- Experience operating automated environments running on tools based on the concepts of CI/CD and Infrastructure as Code
- The ability to identify system issues (root of drops in performance, SPoF, etc.) and to work together with team members (including those from the development teams) to find solutions
- No Japanese, Business English
orWhat's on Offer
- No English, Business/Fluent JapanesePREFERRED (A PLUS BUT NOT REQUIRED)
- Shared understanding and belief in our company's mission and values
- Experience designing and operating networks in the cloud
- Experiencing using CDNs such as Fastly, Cloudflare, and CloudFront
- Experience with database performance tuning
- Experience developing and operating products and tools using programming languages such as Go, Java, Scala, or Python
- Deep knowledge and operational experience related to security, including OS, networks, and middleware
- Deep knowledge of and operational experience with Kubernetes
- Experience using tools based on the concept of chaos engineering, such as Gremlin, Chaos Mesh, and AWS Fault Injection Simulator
- Experience building and operating service meshes using Istio, Envoy, Linkerd, Consul, etc.
- Deep knowledge of the financial and cryptocurrency exchange domain, or experience building and operating infrastructure
- Complete health and social insurance
- Incentive program
- Support systems, including those that benefit the employee's family members
- Salary reviewed twice a year
Quote job ref: JN-112022-5839746