About the job2061941-3
We’re actively seeking a passionate individual who is humble, curious, and hungry to build a next generation platform and enjoys playing on one of the largest financial services stages in front of millions of customers. The ideal candidate has deep expertise with building crypto platforms and has the vision and expertise to accelerate the crypto economy through offering our world class services to internal and an external developer community. As part of this role, you will define the strategy and capabilities for the area, including the core services to release digitally to the developer community. You will offer, explore and write new services to meet the demands of the quickly crypto economy.
Fidelity Personal Investing Architecture teams change and influence the future of Personal Investment (PI) applications and products in our next generation of experience platforms. We are a comprehensive central architecture practice, leading Information Technology (IT) strategy and architecture transformation, IT oversight and governance, promoting collaboration and open communication to facilitate better decision-making at all levels. Technology changes lives. Our strategies and solutions make that happen!
The Purpose of Your Role
Within the crypto architecture team, you will take part in a whole new retail crypto platform. You will work with application teams to help champion innovation, drive standardization and deliver modern technology patterns across the stack for our customers' use. You will contribute to the platform and product roadmap evolution in conjunction with business unit product goals and provide leadership in computing services, adoption of platforms and consolidation across our team's initiatives.
The Expertise You Have
An ideal candidate will have a solid computer science foundation, an effective combination of interpersonal and technical skills, and a passion for learning and expanding into other technologies. As a Blockchain Staff Engineer on the team, you have deep experience in the industry and you'll get the opportunity to collaborate with engineers across Fidelity in a fun, dynamic environment with flexible work options to apply your knowledge and expertise at scale. You will work closely with technical leaders to build a secure crypto platform utilizing modern software development practices.
The Skills You Bring
- 7+ years of experience in software engineering writing micro-services at scale.
- Experience with Java, Spring, Rust, Golang and Typescript
- Deep familiarity with blockchains such as Ethereum, Bitcoin, Solana and building them using tools like Substrate.
- Experience building an exchange, institutional wallet or customer facing crypto wallet.
- Blockchain development on the Ethereum Network
- Knowledge of APIs, infrastructure, data architecture, security, and technologies in the Blockchain ecosystem ecosystem
- Familiarity with custodial, non-custodial Wallet architecture
- Experience building RESTful APIs, GraphQL, real-time websockets
- Passion for writing readable, maintainable, and well-tested code
- Experience in financial services, cloud/AWS, APIs, cryptocurrency trading and custody a plus
- Experience with agile development, DevOps, Automated Testing and Continuous Delivery
- Ability to work both independently and with all levels of the organization, including technical and non-technical team members.
- Experience or certification in Cloud-based (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc...) Architecture is beneficial aka deploying or scaling nodes
- Contribution to the open-source community would be beneficial
The Value You Deliver
- Collaborating with peers finding opportunities to design and development practices and improve customer experience.
- Contributing to the development of digital architecture by monitoring industry and technology trends and directions.
- Ensuring technology decisions align with architecture standards and strategies.
- Evaluating and recommending technology and frameworks for flexibility, long-term viability, and time to market.
- Ensure the platform is built for scale through the lens of both the customer and the platform developers looking to both build and consume services.
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
Many of our associates are continuing to work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. When Fidelity employees eventually return to the office, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling "Dynamic Working."
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.