About the jobDescription
Bitstamp is the original Cryptocurrency Exchange.
Since 2011 when we started in a garage with just two laptops and some big ideas, we have been at the forefront of the crypto industry, driving innovation and ensuring that above all else we are human in our approach, trusted by our customers and, with an unwavering belief in blockchain technology, providing secure and innovative access to crypto to all corners of the world.
Our success has been always about the amazing ideas, talent and passion of our people and the disruption we have created together on our crazy crypto journey. We are growing faster than ever, creating opportunities where we find the best people and always looking for the next bunch of crypto-curious thinkers and individuals who want to make the next difference.
As the Technology Governance Manager, you will join a dynamic team in the Technology Department that defines new standards in the industry, creating new and unique crypto services for customers globally.
What You'll Do
- Implementing and managing a technology governance framework, coordinating with all Technology departments.
- Implementing and managing appropriate lifecycle processes (e.g. approvals, reviews) for areas such as strategy, standards, architecture, and budgeting process.
- Technology Risk Management, including operational risks assessments.
- Implementation of measurement/certification approaches of any standards we want to comply with beyond security, E.g. ITIL, COBIT.
- Financial management within Technology including tracking and approvals.
- Overseeing IT Asset management solutions.
- Post-mortem reviews of incidents and similar where the impacted scope goes beyond just Technology Operations.
- Supporting the Service Delivery & Management function in ensuring an up-to-date and accurate Service catalogue, and with any vendor-management standards.
- SLA/KPI/KRI tracking.
- Ensure RFI & RFP governance.
On day one you'll bring
- Bachelor or master’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in any of the following areas: IT audit, security design, GRC.
- Good working knowledge of IT governance frameworks such as COBIT.
- Enterprise IT Governance including knowledge of IT risk management and controls.
- Experience of software development and delivery.
- Strategic thinker, able to clearly articulate a vision for the function as input for strategic business planning.
- Demonstrated experience and/or industry certifications in IT Governance, PMO, Quality Assurance, Scaled Agile, Lean Six Sigma, Cyber Security and Capability Maturity Assessment.
- Practical experience in the areas of (IT) governance, (IT) controls or quality management techniques.
- Experience in the area of process management (Business Process Management/BPM) desirable.
We'll love it even more if you have
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and influence successfully a broad range of individuals.
- Worked with and built successful products with remote development teams.
You will fit right in at Bitstamp if you are
- A Self-solver - you are resourceful and seek solutions through collaboration.
- Good on the details – you are meticulous and like to have everything in order.
- Organised – you like a place for everything and everything in its place.
- Hybrid working/full time in Slovenia.
The Benefits Of Life At Bitstamp
- A truly flexible working environment and an ability to work where you are most productive. Sometimes at work, sometimes at home, sometimes on the move.
- Access to great technology.
- Generous home office allowances on joining to help set up your home space.
- Long term employment, training and development opportunities, great company culture.
- Competitive benefit programs developing for each market.
- Industry mentors, and opportunities to develop and learn from others.
- Internal Gaming Tournaments and regular collaboration events.
- Bitstamp Cares 💚. The communities which are important to our people are important to us, and we are active in our support and celebrations.
- A VERY pet friendly office culture. We love animals (actually are kind of crazy for them) and celebrate the love and companionship they share with us. Please bring them with you to work (seriously).
- Delicious breakfast, fresh fruit, snacks, coffee, tea, full fridge of beverages and ice cream in collaboration hubs.
Bitstampers are truly passionate about bringing cryptocurrency to the mainstream and championing independent investing with life changing potential.
We are proud to be leading the way in creating access to this next generation of finance and have become the world’s longest-running cryptocurrency exchange by driving innovation and ensuring that we are, above all else, human in our approach, trusted by our customers and, with an unwavering belief in blockchain technology, always strive to provide secure and innovative crypto access to all corners of the world.
This doesn’t happen by chance, and we believe our success has come from our belief in the power of being different and finding people who want to explore together, create together and support each other’s growth.
We have already achieved so much, and have our sights set firmly on our future. Come join in our revolution and be part of the Bitstamp story.