About the job
We have partnered with a leading global investment bank to support the growth of a new and unique team within their financial crimes compliance team. This is a new team that is aimed at combatting Cyber Crime as it pertains to complex fraud, money laundering, potential terrorist financing, and the malicious use of cryptocurrencies. This is one of the few opportunities currently in the TradFi space to work with cryptocurrencies and as such will give you tremendous visibility in the organization and the industry as a whole as financial leaders begin to integrate blockchain finance into their service. This opportunity is Hybrid and will require you to be in the banks New Jersey office
As a Compliance VP you will:
- Conduct complex and deep dive investigations of sophisticated financial crimes
- Deliver concise written assessments that detail risks associated with cyber-enabled financial crime
- Leverage a suite of manual and automated tools and techniques to gather data and conduct complex money laundering and terrorist financing investigations
- Work with cross-functional teams across the globe for collaboration on risks and investigations
- Maintain the confidentiality of all information obtained during the investigations process
- Play a critical Global Coordination role by continuously engaging with the regional teams to ensure a timely case progression, disposition, escalation, closure, and feedback.
- Spearhead strategic initiatives on process restructuring and/or productivity enhancements by engaging with internal and external stakeholders globally.
- Responsible to lead and/or respond to high priority matters involving significant events/negative news initiated by AML Legal, Law Enforcement and Senior Management and above.
- Assist their Team Leads by providing day-to-day supervision, oversight, and guidance to their respective group in the absence of, or at the direction of their Team Lead.
As a Compliance VP you will need:
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in (or a combination of): Fraud, Cyber Crime, Financial Crimes, Anti-Money Laundering, Intelligence Analysis, Digital Crime and/or Cyber Threat Intelligence or Financial Risk Management
- Ability to perform deep investigations through gathering information from multiple sources, including strong use of commercial databases, internet and non‐digitized, deep and dark web, financial criminal forums, social media, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication, along with data presentation skills and the ability to effectively communicate with both internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of the consumer financial services industry, threat landscape, cyber security operations and practices, and performance implications of policy or strategy actions a plus
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge of cybercrime, money laundering, fraud, and cyber security disciplines (such as threat intelligence and threat hunting methodologies)
- Knowledge and/or experience in conducting investigations of financial crime related to cryptocurrencies. Experience using Blockchain forensic tools (e.g., CipherTrace, Chainalysis, TRM Labs, and Elliptic)
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible in responding to deadlines and workflow fluctuations
- Experience in utilizing visualization and link analysis software applications, such as i2 Analyst Notebook (ANB), IBM Enterprise Insight Analysis (EIA), and/or Maltego
- Experience working in operational environments where multiple competing items must be prioritized and delivered daily
- Experience in preparing suspicious activity reports (SARs)
- Industry certifications, such as; CFE, CAMS, CFCS, CRC, CCI, CTCE, GFACT, GSEC, Sec+
If you, or someone you know, would be a good fit for this role, please apply direct me or reach me at [email protected] | 6463492959