About the job
The company is leading cryptocurrency market data provider for institutional investors and enterprises. They empower market participants with accurate, transparent, and actionable financial data to be leveraged for a range of market activities. They are looking to strengthen the Finance function of the business and therefore seeking the first VP of Finance.
- Investor relations.
- Financial due diligence as well as the execution of mergers and acquisitions.
- Company structuring as well as oversight of the finance & accounting and financial planning & analysis teams.
- Company audits and financial operations of the organisation plus tax and asset management strategy of the company. This includes, but is not limited to, functions such as: accounting, annual audits, customer accounting support, tax compliance, managing an Enterprise Resources/Business Planning implementation, monthly close processes, monthly reporting, forecasting, budgeting, long range planning, business partnering, modelling, return on investment analysis and other value-added financial analysis.
This is a hands-on leadership role that requires someone who is able to support both high-level complex accounting and finance responsibilities as well as manage investor relationships through the growth of the company. You will work closely with the C-level management team, reporting to the CEO, as well as managing the growing finance team.
Support fundraising activities Series C and above: preparation of the materials, preparation of the model and data room materials, participation in the roadshow and follow up on due diligence, negotiation of the conditions, and managing the deal closure.
- Group consolidation:
Ensure proper and timely financial and tax accounting (both for profit and not for profit) in accordance with GAAP and IFRS rules (US) and other equivalents (France and Singapore).
Oversee annual audits on time and with minimal or no adjustments. Fiduciary responsibility for the financial health of the organisation.
Direct the overall financial plans practice (controlling, accounting, FP&A, admin). Develop the forecast (LRP, AOP), budget, and ensuring alignment of proper resource allocation. Handle reporting required by investors.
- Business Partner:
- Support senior leaders in their current and future roadmaps and strategies.
- Clearly articulate the key drivers of the business and manage the financial performance by developing forecasts and monitoring ongoing performance against plan.
- Finance Team Management:
Build and lead a successful finance team (controlling/accounting, Data, FP&A, M&A, Investor Relationship etc.) across business units and entities.
- Legal and Governance:
Support our General Counsel in protecting the company by ensuring compliance with financial and tax regulations. You will also strengthen, monitor and enforce strong internal controls and appropriate financial reporting processes. Anticipate risks in all business and organisational dimensions through strong collaboration with other functions and drive capability improvement accordingly.
- Asset Management:
Refine our tax and asset management strategies (Capital, Debt, Transfer management, Crypto disponibilities; FX management, etc).
- 10 years in finance, ideally within a SaaS and B2B environment (from €5m to €100m ARR).
- Prior experience in supporting the M&A process; financial due diligence and finance integration.
- Experienced with private fundraising; technical operations, investor relationship, roadshows, due diligence, valuation etc. and building relationships with investors and VCs.
- Provide strong, forward-looking analytical leadership.
- You have built and led international finance functions and are comfortable with “rolling up your sleeves” to support your team.
- Skilled in translating strategy into execution.
- Accounting or Finance Masters degree required (CPA desirable).
- Fluent English, both written and spoken.
Mana Search is FinTech’s all-in-one search firm. We partner with the most exciting VC & growth equity backed fintechs. Strategic search into the CxO suite, venture building through delivering teams in Engineering, Data Analytics, Product and Commercial. If you are interested in hearing more about this role or others do get in touch via [email protected] - thanks!