About the jobCoinFlip is a leading fintech company powered by cryptocurrency. Believing everyone deserves to participate in the new digital economy, the company operates one of the world’s largest networks of cryptocurrency ATMs — with over 4,000 active kiosks — as well as an over-the-counter trading desk. In 2022, CoinFlip became an international company by expanding into Canada , and launched CoinFlip Ventures , a new initiative designed to support start-up companies.
CoinFlip placed No. 60 on the 2021 Inc. 5000 list of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. CoinFlip was also named the 2021 and 2022 #1 fastest-growing company in Chicago by Crain’s Business.
As our growth trajectory continues, we’re looking to quickly expand all of our teams. It’s an exciting time to join CoinFlip as we’re pursuing additional business lines and continued international expansion to further cement us as a leading financial technology company.
CoinFlip is looking for a videographer to develop creative and compelling videos, motion graphics, animation videos, and related media to support CoinFlip’s sales, branding, education, internal training, web and social media presence.
- This position works collaboratively with marketing, graphic design, web staff, and staff outside the marketing team, including sales, operations, IT, and others.
- The Videographer will perform duties relating to all aspects of video production including but not limited to storyboarding, scripting, lighting, shooting, editing, audio production, and animation
- Establishing and maintaining production pipelines
- Maintain a current, searchable library of all video projects, prior versions, and B-roll (background and unused video)
- Creating digital video content & excelling under the pressure of a deadline
- Backing up other marketing team members in their areas of responsibility and contributing to the ongoing development of the company’s branding, messaging, and visual standards
- Consult with stakeholders from concept and production to post-production process to clarify project goals, budget, time frame, and other parameters
- Able to coach, guide, and motivate people being filmed to understand and perform their roles effectively and efficiently in a comfortable manner
- Convert videos to required formats, reproduce videos in-house using and maintain in-house equipment and software, post public and private video and links, maintain version control of videos
- Ensure all filming, production, and distribution are conducted with necessary consents and comply with applicable copyright and privacy laws and company policies
- Managing miscellaneous internal requests for creative assets
- Other duties as assigned
- Portfolio should demonstrate quality and experience in: camera & editing skills, business and creative filming, on-camera interviews, voiceover, creative use of sound, animation, and typography. Submissions without portfolios will not be considered.
- Have a B.A. or M.A. in Communication Studies, or M.F.A. in Film Studies, Cinematography, or related field
- 3+ years of experience creating digital video content & excel under the pressure of a deadline.
- Have experience in full animation videos
- The ideal candidate must be passionate about animating, shooting, interviewing, and editing to create unique and high-quality content
- This person enjoys the challenge of learning new things (details of various markets, technology, etc), while using creative tools, knowledge, and expertise in video creation, graphic design, and social media
- Knowledge of online video formats: YouTube, Vimeo, and other video hosting technologies
- Ability with Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Motion graphics design and animation skills
- Exceptional work ethic
- Great attention to detail
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Outstanding communication skills both verbal & written
- Ability to prioritize and work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
Nice To Have
- Basic knowledge of cryptocurrency and blockchains
- General passion and knowledge of fintech and crypto
Working at CoinFlip means collaborating with experienced and innovative leaders who share a clear vision and a track record of success. We offer a collaborative and positive working environment where we encourage employees to balance productivity with time to recharge. Compensation is above and beyond a typical “startup” — we offer competitive salaries, performance-based incentives, and competitive benefits for full-time employees.
CoinFlip values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment. We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
By applying to this role, you give express consent to CoinFlip to send you informational text (SMS) messages regarding this role and the application process. You can cancel the SMS service at any time by replying "STOP" to the text message you received. If at any time you forget what keywords are supported, just reply "HELP." Message and data rates apply. If you require a special accommodation, please let us know and we’ll work with you to meet your needs.