Today’s investment world is siloed. Only a few today invest, build wealth and close their retirement gap. We will change that. We provide equal chances to everyone and will impact millions of end users to take wealth into their own hands. Our northstar is to enable 100m end users to invest via our Investment API.
Upvest ‘Investment API’ enables any company to offer investment experiences to their customers. Offering investments as a business is now simple, fast and affordable. We have the ambition to become Europe’s category leader and the first choice for fintechs. We stick to what we have promised to our clients and delight them with innovation to be a partner of growth. Today, offering investments in-app takes years and millions to launch. With Upvest, it takes weeks at no setup costs to offer any ETF/stock/crypto across Europe.
Providing all the necessary licenses within their product gives the Berlin-based Fintech a huge advantage in the European market. We are the only bank in Europe that holds all traditional securities + crypto BAFIN licenses. This enables us to offer both traditional securities and crypto via one simple API. They are backed by some of the best Venture Capital companies, having raised over $40mn in their Series B with Bessemer Ventures Partners, HV Capital, ABN AMRO Ventures, Partech, Notion, Speedinvest and Early Bird Ventures.
Upvest believes that every financial service will be served via an API one day. Our goal is to own the category of the Investment API, internalising trading, custody and settlement into one seamless experience. Every API call makes our product better and cheaper in a EUR 100tn+ global market. Europe in particular is exciting as it is at the verge of moving from government-led towards privately-led retirement models.
Upvest was founded in 2017 by Martin Kassing with the purpose to open up the financial world, providing economic opportunities for all. Since then, they’ve grown to a 100+ employees company dedicated to empowering fintechs, and backed by top venture capital firms.
It is clear that the retail investment market is thriving with the rise of fintech platforms such as Robinhood, Coinbase, Bitpanda and for others including Revolut and Monzo there is a significant market for growth by offering investment opportunities to their customers alongside other banking services. According to Upvest’s analysis, by 2030, €35tn of investments will be served by fintechs and 1/3 of all investors in the EEA will be millennials/generation Z who will think ‘digital only’. Having already secured a significant number of Tier 1 fintechs/neo-banks as customers, this places Upvest in a strong position to go to the next level of growth.
Reporting to Martin Kassing, CEO of Upvest, the VP Growth will have full ownership of the GTM strategy and commercial growth. The mission will be to define the growth strategy, build the team, attract and retain talent and apply data-driven methodologies to drive revenue.
Upvest has so far been successful in building a reputation for its high quality product in the market, resulting in a high percentage of new businesses emerging through recommendations, partnerships and inbound leads. The opportunity is to construct the commercial blueprint for Upvest and to build a growth engine that is future proof and scalable, seamlessly adding sales, marketing and customer success professionals as market coverage expands by geography and sector.
Growth experience is crucial for this role. Currently, there is a small team of BDRs and Marketeers, and it will be up to the VP Growth to structure and hire according to the requirement of the GTM strategy. Whilst inbound sales will continue to predominate run-rate to the business, the ambition is to heavily increase the outbound deals with a more strategic approach to gaining market share. The overall talent plan is to build, develop and coach a team of sales, marketing and implementation people within the next 12 months. This person needs to have experience scaling B2B fintechs across Europe. Preferably someone that understands the game of fintech APIs inside out.
Given the level of autonomy and influence in this role, there is a requirement for a growth-minded leader with deep experience in scaling an API business. Someone with a low-ego and collaborative ethos to work with the wider team as this role will enhance cross-functional collaboration including marketing, operations, product and technology.
- Overall responsibility for driving the growth strategy of Upvest across all market segments and geographies.
- Build on the current sales success; increase contract values, acquire new logo clients and build a scalable sales pipeline.
- Build, lead and develop a team who are highly engaged and motivated, hands-on, challenged, and driven by overachieving goals.
- Drive a culture of constant testing & learning to discover new and innovative ways to scale commercial initiatives.
- Contribute to the overall executive leadership of the company in the upcoming period of significant growth.
- Analytical leader that has developed and executed GTM strategies for B2B fintech businesses across multiple countries (preferably API businesses) before.
- Experience in structuring and driving a high-performance enterprise sales organisation with the ability and emotional intelligence to build buy-in from stakeholders across all functions.
- Structured approach paired with hands-on mentality to dig deep into the investment infrastructure market to be the trusted advisor for clients and internally.
- A team player, with the ability to connect well and empathetically with colleagues, customers and partners; easy to work with and values others' input.
- Team builder and leader that gets, retains and grows the best talent.
- Ambitious but humble, and wants to make a difference.
- We're working on solving a hard problem: fixing the European securities financial infrastructure that empowers more people to be able to invest. You have the opportunity to contribute to this change.
- We invest in you. From access to a personal coach, development budget and plenty of opportunities to grow in your role.
- We take hiring seriously with a strong focus on keeping a high bar when interviewing (equally important is that we hire decent people, who are passionate about their craft and helping us achieve our shared mission).
- While we're not quite fully-remote, we are committed to being a flexible employer, as we understand you don't have to be in the office to do your best work.
- We live a culture of empowerment, trust (that we hire the best people and get out of their way) and openness (there's a greater advantage in sharing information than keeping it to ourselves).
Learn and grow: We aim high to shape our future. We give and request honest feedback knowing that we develop together. Progression over Perfection.
Team first: We make it easy for others. We value our differences and are open to others opinions. We win and celebrate together! Team over Egos.
Own the outcome: Whether we win or we lose, we stand together. We are proactive and get the job done. Outcome over Process.
Tell the story: We always start with the why. We share knowledge to empower others. Transparency over Complexity