About the job
About the role:
Want to make the jump into FinTech? Our growing team at Diamond Standard collaborates in weekly team huddles and celebrates each other’s wins - no matter the size. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join a Manhattan-based, well-funded startup, and be part of a world-class team launching the next smart commodity.
The winter internship program is 10 - 12 weeks; from Nov - Jan.
If you are a college student who is ready to gain real-world experience at one of the fastest-growing technology startups, the Diamond Standard Internship Program is for you! The internship program is designed to teach the future leaders of our industry the technical, business and communication skills necessary for success.
As a member of the Diamond Standard Internship Program, you can expect:
- An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit
- Hands-on experience across functional areas such as Finance
- Mentorship from Diamond Standard Executives
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines, often under time pressure, while maintaining high standards and attention to detail
- An environment that requires adaptability to changes in the industry and advances in technology
- A company that values diversity, inclusion, and teamwork
Skills and Qualifications:
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Finance/Accounting, Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Business/Management or relevant fields
- Strong written and verbal skills
- You know how to thrive in ambiguous environments; you are proactive, flexible, and can design simple solutions to complex problems.
- Enthusiasm for and understanding of the financial services industry and participants (funds, analysts, investors, etc.)
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines, often under time pressure, while maintaining high standards and attention to detail.
- Experience with Google Suite is a plus.
- Passion – high energy, high integrity, team-oriented with a well-organized “can do” approach.
What We Offer:
- This is an in-office role in our Midtown Manhattan office
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage.
- Transparent and social culture, challenging work, fast learning cycles, and meaningful feedback.
- Strong sense of ownership and strategic work that impacts our products and stakeholders.
About Diamond Standard Co.
Diamond Standard Co. is the creator of the world's first and only regulator-approved diamond commodity. By unlocking diamonds as a market-traded asset, Diamond Standard helps investors to access a natural resource currently worth $1.5 trillion – more than all the world's silver and platinum combined. A breakthrough deliverable hard asset, the diamond commodity provides diversification and a new store of wealth for institutional and individual investors, while bringing transparency and efficiency to the diamond supply chain. To invest brilliantly or learn more, visit www.diamondstandard.co.
Our early-adopter clients are high-net-worth individuals, cryptocurrency enthusiasts, family offices, macro traders, and hedge funds. Over time, as the depth of liquidity grows, buyers of the commodity will include institutional investors, including asset managers, ETF sponsors, pensions, endowments, and sovereign wealth funds.
Our partners include digital exchanges, market makers, custodians, lending facilitators, wealth managers and brokers, ETF sponsors, securities exchanges like NYSE and CME, precious metals dealers, and various potential distributors or brokers.
Diamond Standard is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.